28 thoughts on “HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!

• Thanks Louise. It was lovely to have our first Mothers Day response from our teacher-friend-mom from across the world in Texas. Hey, it took me a whole week, but Ustream is now available for me to view with my students. We will be composing a class response to your wonderful Cinco De Mayo show soon. When does your school year finish? Are you interested in another collaborative project? We are investigating Resilience, and have set up a Google Docs form at https://docs.google.com/present/edit?id=0AeUMPdBXg4CWZGdrYzdrZ3hfNTlnbmdzc3Izag There is another purpose behind this project, as we are trying to prove that we don’t just learn about the world, we learn WITH the world. Your students are welcome to make a comic-strip slide to contribute to the project.
      cheers
      Brette

1. What a lovely surprise to wake up to!! Jasmine was soooo excited, this Mother’s Day message was the first thing she wanted to show me. I had tears in my eyes because the ” You are my Sunshine” song is the song I sing to my son every night before going to sleep.
    What a brilliant idea to put together for Mother’s Day…way to go Ms Lockyer. It was wonderful to hear all the children’s special messages to their mums. I had a little giggle too.
    HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY TO ALL THE MUMS. WISHING YOU JOY AND LAUGHTER, PLEASANT MEMORIES AND ALL THE HAPPINESS YOU SO DESERVE ON MOTHER’S DAY AND ALWAYS.

2. FOR ALL THE MUMS……
    Is every mum cheery?
    Is every mum smart?
    Does every mum have a great big lovely heart?
    Will every mum always help out and come through?
    Is every mum perfect?
    Or is it just you?
    HAVE A GREAT MOTHER’S DAY….
    This was the message in my card that I bought for my mum on Mother’s Day. I wanted to share this with you.
    I also made up a list of reasons why I love my mum. You should make one up today too. What will your list say?
    This is my list.
    I JUST LOVE IT WHEN MY MUM……
    1. loves me
    2. and I have “girls time” -no boys allowed
    3. reads to me
    4. plays with me
    5. watches a TV movie with me and makes me popcorn
    6. lets me help her cook
    7. goes in our swimming pool with me
    8. hugs and kisses me
    9. drives me to places
    10. calls my friends for a play date.

I LOVE YOU MUM XXXOOO
    6.

• What a lovely message. Thank you to all the beautiful boys and girls of 2L for making this. It is really lovely. Happy mothers day to all the mums and especially, a big happy mothers day to the wonderful Mrs Lockyer, thank you for all you do. Have a wonderful day !!

• Hello Jasmine,
      Thank you for the gorgeous poem from your Mothers Day card. I think you should share it with a friend during ‘Read to Someone’ next week.
      Enjoy your Mothers Day.
      cheers
      Ms Lockyer

3. Good Morning to all the mums and a special Happy Mother’s Day to Ms Lockeyer,

This is such a lovely gift to recive on Mother’s Day. I used to sing this song to Antonio as a baby, and it has a very special place in my heart.

It is wonderful to see the children so happy and how the technology is making learning fun for them and great for all of us to experience.

Kind Regards
    Sandra

4. Wow! What a beautiful mother’s day message to all us mums 2L. Blake was really excited about the video and thinks it’s amazing how everyone around the world can read our class blog. ( Even his uncle Luke in London!). How lucky we are to have such beautiful children and an amazing teacher.
    Thank you Ms Lockyer for making our Mother’s Day Extra special. We hope you enjoy your day too!

5. A living mothers day card, the very best a mother could receive. It was a delightful surprise when William showed me this special gift. All the mums and nana’s and special women in the lives of 2L are lucky to have the children in our lives. Thank you to William, all of his classmates and especially Mrs Lockyer. Happy Mothers Day to everyone.
    Love Gail and William xxxxx

6. Hi there 2l,
    Thank you all so much for your great efforts in making this wonderful video for us all to enjoy on our special day, it was such a lovely surprise! A extra special thank you to my beautiful girl, Isabella, like I say to you every day “You are my sunshine”!
    Happy Mother’s Day to all the gorgeous mother’s from 2L, hope your day has been blessed with a little extra love and happy times!

7. Hi Year 2L
    I enjoyed listening to and watching the song you sang for your mothers on their special day.
    Ms Griffith

8. Hello to our wonderful 2L.
    Thank you so so much for the wonderful message left by all the gorgeous children in our class. Mothers day is always a little sad for me by not this year, as my beautiful and clever girl, Tara woke me up this morning with the IPad in her hand and the erevyone singing. My day was full of sunshine from that moment on. Instead of a tear of sadness, I had a tear of happiness. How lucky we are to have such a thoughtful and wonderful teacher in our children’s life’s. A special thank you to my precious and beautiful Tara and hope everyone has had a glorious day. Happy mothers day to you all. (:

9. Hello everyone in 2L. Thank you so much for your lovely Mother’s Day Video Clip. I loved all your beautiful special messages, and we are very lucky to have such wonderful children who bring so much joy into our lives. Thank you Ms Lockyer for all the effort you put into teaching our children everyday.

See you all soon,

Jo-Ann
    xx

10. Trish Chanel’s Mum

Ohh…..I had a tear in my eye.
    It was the best gift of all to hear 2L sing and to hear why they love Mum.

Thanks Brette Thanks 2l.

Love you Chanel

Trish (mum) xxx

11. hi 2l,
    I love your coments about how you love your MUM!
    I like shoma’s coment and I like zoe’s too
    BYE 2l 🙂
    (p.s if you don’t know who i am zoe’s brother)
    🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 :)!

12. Hi 2L.
    I absolutely loved watching your Mother’s Day video. It was such a wonderful idea to wish your Mums a happy Mother’s Day through the use of a video on your Blog. I bet your Mum’s were so happy. Well done to you all. I had a tear in my eye when I read the lovely messages from your Mum’s too. You are all so lucky to be so loved and to be able to love. Make sure you continue to show your Mum’s how much you love them everyday.
    From Mrs Fielder

13. Beautiful singing by all of 2L. Lovely comments from all of the students to their mums. Such a lovely, thoughtful idea Ms Lockyer. Well done to you all. 🙂

14. Hello Ms Lockyer’s class – my name is Miss Roberts and I’m from Barlow Hall Primary in Manchester, England. I loved this video. You are all great singers!

15. Hello ms lockyer’s class.i’m nathan and i’m alfadel when your class was singing mabe you coulod make it clear and loud.

16. Hello are names are Laiba and Nadeer from barlow hall primary in England ,Manchester. your singing is lovely and we thought it is brilliant.

17. Our names are Brandon and Reuben and we’re from England. We want to tell you how grateful your mums must be for those messages. You are great singers.

18. Hi guys,

my name is Anya and I am from barlow hall in Manchester. I love your video on mothers day, you must have put alot of effort in your speech!

best wishes Anya xxx

19. Hi 2l
    I think it was a very good idea. Well done for your very hard work you put in to into it. I think all your mums should be very proud of you all.