AFL Footy HD Live App – Improving Your Reading with Antonio and Marcus

AFL Footy Live app from brette lockyer on Vimeo.

Antonio and Marcus have become experts in using the iPad App AFL Footy Live HD. This is a free app which gives you all the latest results and stats on the games.
Antonio and Marcus have been using the app to bump up their reading. They know that good readers ask questions while reading. This helps to ‘Check for Understanding’ and make connections with what you read. When Antonio and Marcus practise this strategy during ‘Read to Someone’ they are also improving their oral language. They are getting organised with what to say, and thinking carefully about saying a clear message that everyone can understand.
How do I know all this about reading? I interviewed Antonio and Marcus after they made the movie, and they told me so much about their learning.
Best of all, Antonio and Marcus have been coaching other people to use questions while reading the AFL Footy Live HD App.
Have you been coached by Antonio and Marcus during Daily Five time? Please comment here and let us know what you have learnt about improving your reading.
After watching this movie, did you find out more about what good readers do? Comment here.

8 thoughts on “AFL Footy HD Live App – Improving Your Reading with Antonio and Marcus