7 thoughts on “ANTONIO PRESENTS: ‘MY MUM’S SHOP’

1. Hello Ms Lockyer and the class of 2L!
    Thank you for finding my invitations so interesting. I thought I might answer some of the questions you had for Antonio.
    Usually a lady sees my invitations from a wedding expo, from my website or is recommended to call me from a friend. Then they come to our house where we have lots of books of samples to look from. The client tells me what colour and design they like, how many they need and how much they would like to spend. Then we put their details in the computer and make them a sample. If they like the sample, they make an order and email the names and addresses of their guests for printing onto the invitation. For example they would like to invite William and Zoe or Joe and Madison. All the invitations must be identical so we measure up the papers and cut and tape them in the same way it was on the sample. Antonio helps me alot and we have three printers and lots of different papers and buckles to help the ladies make a decision. Some orders are small (40 invitations) and other orders are very big. Our largest order has been 400 invitations. The time to complete each invitation and the price changes, depending on what the invitation requires.

I hope this helps answer lots of your questions.

Happy learning and I will send pretty some papers with Antonio so you can make some cards for your next shop!

• Thank you for the comment Sandra. We just read it in class altogether. You answered many of our questions. Please keep reading this blog post as I will get the children to write any more questions for you in their comment.

2. Antonio that was very interesting.
    I wish my mum could do that.
    But instead I help my mum with her work stuf but it is boring.

From William.

3. Hello Antonio and 2L
    your questions and Antonios answers were intresting.
    When Antonio brought the staff to school I liked the cards.

4. Hello Antonio and 2L
    I was thinking about the questions and I have a question.
    How many can your mum make in 1 minute?
    By for now ZOE.